Thursday, March 19, 2009

Religious guidance

Hey, remember when we had a rabbi ready and willing to fly down to Turks&Caicos and marry us? Now, not so much with the having.

Our rabbi has an illness in the family which is making it very hard to get away for two nights. He assures us that if we can't find another rabbi he'll make the trip but that it's very, very difficult for him.

So the search is yet again on for a rabbi. And we're leaving two weeks from today. Awesome, no?

Know of a rabbi in NY (or Miami as there are direct flights from there) willing to fly to Providenciales, Turks&Caicos (PLS) April 5-7? Send me their name, phone or email, and have my eternal gratitude.

6 comments:

  1. Karol - Call 305-445-5444 - Rabbi Fellig or Rabbi Stolik. They are Miami Chabad. Good luck, this really sucks due to the closeness of Passover also!! Hopefully it will all work out though. You can also get a cantor, if the Rabbi doesn't work out. They are just as kosher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll give those a shot. I emailed main Chabad address but no response yet. And yes, it really, really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea if the Rabbi I used will do it since he's a lawyer by day but he's very cool and easy going! Rabbi Alan Stein 516-365-8809. He married us in August (Lyla and David). Good luck!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Called Miami Chabad, no response but the regular Chabad wrote back to me so we'll see.

    Also tried Rabbi Stein, thanks so much for that Globetrottingbride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rabbi Abigail Sosland performed our wedding last fall and she did a fine job. rabbisos@aol.com
    She is conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you were able to find a Rabbi??? There are so many here on Long Island, NY..., but even though I am not a Rabbi, nor am I a minister of any kind...

    I would love to go to Turks and Caicos..., so I will fly down and watch you get married.

    Not quite what you were looking for, but I would LOVE to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete