In the meantime, I've got IC's awesome recipe for margaritas to share with you all. We're not big drinkers, IC and I, but we've definitely been in celebration mode since getting married (we've each gained some poundage with our nonstop eating and drinking to prove it) and this has been a house favorite over at our place.
We've been loving Gran Centenario’s Rosangel Tequila. IC is a huge hibiscus fan and this is the world’s first hibiscus infused tequila. It is completely delicious and a must for our margaritas.
We don't use salt, which I realize is margarita heresy, but I never liked getting a mouth full of salt while drinking my drink. I much prefer sugar.
IC's super fantastic margarita recipe:
Gran Centenario’s Rosangel Tequila
1 Lime (or more as needed)
Stirrings Lemon Drop Rimmer Sugar
Basic ratio for Margarita is:
3 oz. Tequila
2 oz. Triple Sec
1 oz. Lime Juice
1. Soak orange slice, cut in thirds, in tequila in a shaker (one slice per drink)
2. Squeeze lime juice into separate cup
3. Add triple sec and lime juice to shaker and.....shake.
4. Moisten rim of glass with lime and dip in lemon drop sugar
5. Add ice and pour in margarita with orange slices
My favorite part is eating up the tequila-soaked oranges left when the drink is done. Enjoy!